Invisalign® Takes the Metal and Wires out of Braces: Finally, Adults and Teens Wanting Straight Teeth Have Something to Smile About!
The Invisalign System uses a series of clear, plastic, nearly invisible "aligners" to straighten teeth without the wires and brackets of traditional braces. "Just as contact lenses eliminated the need for unsightly spectacles sixty years ago, today Invisalign eliminates the need for unsightly metal and wires and will forever change how people think about straightening their teeth," says Kelsey Wirth, president of Align Technology. The Invisalign System has commanded attention in the orthodontic field - more than 70 percent of practicing orthodontists in the U.S. and Canada are certified to use the system.
New York, NY -- According to Align Technology, Inc., makers of the breakthrough Invisalign® System, 50 percent of adult ages 25 to 49 (or 50 million) "wish their teeth were straighter," yet only 0.4 percent of adults seek treatment annually. The main reason? Aesthetics. Adults don't like wearing the "metal mouth" look. And now with Invisalign, they don't have to.
Now adults and teens can have the smile they always wanted without the braces they've always dreaded. It's a completely new, virtually invisible way of straightening teeth that adults and teens prefer because Invisalign is:
- Nearly Invisible – so hardly anyone knows when you are straightening your teeth.
- More Comfortable - without the wires and brackets of traditional braces there is less trauma to the inside of the cheeks and lips in the mouth.
- Removable - so you can still eat what you want.
- More Hygienic - teeth can be easily brushed and flossed which helps promote healthy teeth and helps prevent gum disease.
- More Convenient - because a series of "aligners" are worn to straighten teeth instead of traditional metal braces there are fewer doctor visits because few "adjustments" are needed.
What about cost? - Traditional adult orthodontics costs around $3900 to $5000. Invisalign in our office ranges in costs from around $2500 for a simple case to $5800 depending on the complexity of a full case.